Buying a home is an emotional experience, buyers frequently make their decision about purchasing a home in the first thirty seconds of a home tour.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Look at your home as though you are seeing it for the first time. Does it appeal to you? Would you buy it?
14 Steps for Exterior Staging Excellence:
- Keep lawn neat and tidy (cut grass, edge walks, trim hedges, weed gardens)
- Plant extra flowers for color.
- Trim shrubs and upgrade landscaping.
- Repair driveway, sidewalks or step areas.
- Paint fence, patio enclosure or mail box if needed.
- Put away outdoor tools and equipment.
- Reduce clutter.
- Paint the front door.
- Paint the garage door.
- Consider painting window trim and sash.
- Consider pressure washing home, sidewalks, driveway, patio, porch or roof if needed.
- Check roof shingles and down spouts. Clean gutters if needed.
- Clean garage/carport and storage shed.
- Replace old welcome mat with new, bright floor mat.